Re: How to include "libbfd" support in cross-gcc setup?

Brian Dessent wrote:
Toralf Lund wrote:

After some trial and error I think I have got this to work. It turns out
I have to build "libiberty" as well since parts of bfd depends on it,
and  also uses functionality not included in the instance of the lib
that's packaged with gcc.

Also, I'm wondering if there is a cleaner way to set up the build - I'm
now using make targets "all-bfd", "all-libiberty", "install-bfd" and
"install-libiberty". It seems to me that it would be better to tell
"configure" what components to include, and then use the default make,
but I'm unable to figure out how to do that (or if it is possible at
all.) I've looked for something like this earlier, too...

But anyhow, I believe I have a setup with a working "cross target"
libbfd now.

You can just get this as a side effect of building your standard
cross-binutils instead of an extra step by adding
--enable-install-libbfd to the toplevel configure.
Won't that install the wrong type of binary? (See my original post.)

- Toralf