RE: How to include "libbfd" support in cross-gcc setup?

On 24 April 2007 14:15, toralf@procaptura wrote:

> After some trial and error I think I have got this to work. It turns out
> I have to build "libiberty" as well since parts of bfd depends on it,
> and  also uses functionality not included in the instance of the lib
> that's packaged with gcc.
>
> Also, I'm wondering if there is a cleaner way to set up the build - I'm
> now using make targets "all-bfd", "all-libiberty", "install-bfd" and
> "install-libiberty". It seems to me that it would be better to tell
> "configure" what components to include, and then use the default make,
> but I'm unable to figure out how to do that (or if it is possible at
> all.) I've looked for something like this earlier, too...

  Well, a simple way to do that would be to delete all the other subdirs
/except/ bfd and libiberty (oh, and you probably also need to keep config,
include and etc) from the top-level of your source tree.  I don't know if
there's perhaps some feature of configure that'll let you --enable or
--disable different top-level dirs, but then again, I haven't tried it.

    cheers,
      DaveK