Re: another proposed crosstool project

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 10:49 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> oh, wait, do you mean just that i would have to run:
>
>   $ make ARCH=whatever headers_install
>
> to match the target architecture?  sorry, i had that in my earlier
> posts but forgot to put it in here.

That is not what I mean. I think the right thing to do here is something
like:

  make SYS_HDRS=<dirname> headers_install

Simply knowing the architecture isn't enough, because you have no way to
know where the headers live in my tree (well, for my tree you might, but
not in general). I suggest that the thing to do here is have the make
target print a helpful message about how to set SYS_HDRS if the user has
not done so.

shap