Re: another proposed crosstool project

On Sun, 6 May 2007, Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 10:49 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > oh, wait, do you mean just that i would have to run:
> >
> >   $ make ARCH=whatever headers_install
> >
> > to match the target architecture?  sorry, i had that in my earlier
> > posts but forgot to put it in here.
>
> That is not what I mean. I think the right thing to do here is something
> like:
>
>   make SYS_HDRS=<dirname> headers_install
>
> Simply knowing the architecture isn't enough, because you have no
> way to know where the headers live in my tree (well, for my tree you
> might, but not in general). I suggest that the thing to do here is
> have the make target print a helpful message about how to set
> SYS_HDRS if the user has not done so.

hang on, i'm not talking about where to *find* the generated headers,
i'm only talking about the *content*.  how you choose to add those
headers to your build is up to you.  all i'm after is agreement that
the files *produced* by that step would be correct to use for
crosstool.  let's not make this issue any more complicated than it has
to be.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA