Re: BE Cross compiler for ARM-XSCALE

Hi Robert,

I tried to build the cross tool chain using OSELAS and tried the following steps you mentioned.

ie > ptxdist-0.10.6 select ptxconfigs/armeb-xscale-linux-gnueabi_gcc-4.1.2_glibc-2.5_linux-2.6.18.ptxconfig
> ptxdist-0.10.6 go

But I am getting an error in the second step, "Error: please specify an architecure name for ipkg!".

The log messages are given at the end of the email.

Whether I am missing any steps, where do I specify the architecture name. Please help.

Best Regards
Philip

/home/ppmathe/ptxdist/ptxdist-0.10.6/bin/ptxdist go o .config:6: trying to assign nonexistent symbol BUILD_TOOLCHAIN .config:10: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG .config:11: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_ENABLE_KERNEL .config:12: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_SERIES .config:13: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_EXTRA_ENV .config:14: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_ADDON_LINUXTHREADS .config:15: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_ADDON_NPTL .config:16: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_TLS .config:17: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_HEADERS .config:18: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_CRT .config:19: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_FINAL .config:20: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_PORTS .config:21: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_PORTS_VERSION .config:22: trying to assign nonexistent symbol GLIBC_PORTS_SERIES .config:23: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CROSS_BINUTILS .config:24: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CROSS_BINUTILS_VERSION .config:25: trying to assign nonexistent symbol KERNEL_HEADERS .config:26: trying to assign nonexistent symbol KERNEL_HEADERS_VERSION .config:27: trying to assign nonexistent symbol KERNEL_HEADERS_SANIZIZED .config:28: trying to assign nonexistent symbol KERNEL_HEADERS_CONFIG .config:29: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CROSS_GCC_FIRST .config:30: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CROSS_GCC_FIRST_VERSION .config:31: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CROSS_GCC_FIRST_SERIES .config:32: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CROSS_GCC_FIRST_EXTRA_CONFIG .config:33: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CROSS_GCC_SECOND .config:34: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CROSS_GCC_SECOND_LANG .config:35: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CROSS_GDB .config:36: trying to assign nonexistent symbol CROSS_TOOLCHAIN .config:44: trying to assign nonexistent symbol ARCH_I386 .config:48: trying to assign nonexistent symbol TOOLCHAIN_DEBUG .config:54: trying to assign nonexistent symbol PREFIX_FIRST .config:55: trying to assign nonexistent symbol PREFIX_SECOND touch depend.out

target: glibc.targetinstall

install_init: preparing for image creation...
Error: please specify an architecure name for ipkg!
make: *** [/home/ppmathe/OSELAS/OSELAS.Toolchain-1.1.0/ptxconfigs/state/glibc.targetinstall] Error 255

error: a command in the pipe returned 2, bailing out

]0;ppmathe@sai-build1:~/OSELAS/OSELAS.Toolchain-1.1.0/ptxconfigs[ppmathe@sai-build1 ptxconfigs]$