Re: Targetting Sparc/Solaris

I should also have written to thank Nathan despite the process ultimately not working for me due to not having the libraries. However, binutils were built successfully and it got far enough to be using part of the cross-compiler.

I also made a couple of tweaks like Dan, e.g. the need for /lib, specifying languages to build for etc. The only thing I needed that he didn't mention was --disable-nls in the configure options as in crosstool.

I started trying to go down the route of manually reproducing crosstool steps. People have reported getting "enough" of a compiler to do things to build a full compiler. I think I had a basic gcc, and make -k for example can be used as well. I was then going to build opensolaris libs from source... encountered problems with the ON build process and didn't have time to fix them before our client proposed a better solution. However, this is should now be possible in principle with Solaris being open source - will crosstool ever include this as a supported target?

--
sam brightman