RE: Email-Adresses in clear text

[I would send this to David privately, but he did not see fit to
disclose a private email address.]

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 18:25 +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>   On balance, pompous assholes like you don't deserve it.  You come in here
> with your false assumptions, then fly off the handle when reality fails to
> live up to them...

David:

You seem to be consistently missing something here. The *only* things
that I have asked for in this entire exchange is (a) for Chris to
exercise minimal courtesy, and (b) for the sourceware people to disclose
their counsel's paper mail address. If the first constitutes an
unreasonable expectation in your world, then I think you must live in a
very unpleasant world and I feel very mildly sorry for you.

As to the second, it is a routine business request, and yes, it is
reasonable for one business operator to ask another business operator
for this information -- mainly because the request is usually a prelude
to reasonable attempts at issue resolution (which, as I clearly stated,
was the case in my request). Sourceware is free to ignore that request,
as they have apparently done. I am then free to decide whether I will
take stronger measures to get my message across to their counsel. Your
opinion of this is not interesting, since you have absolutely no role in
that exchange.

As to whether I am a pompous asshole or not, I think that the long-term
record says otherwise, but I suppose that is something that each reader
will simply have to decide for themselves.

shap