Installing GCC on a Redhat AS 2.1

 I'm on my second day of settiung up my Linux Server. The Flavor I
installed is the RedHat As 2.1, I was supposed to install PostgreSQL
8.1 but when I tried doing so, it said that I do not have any valid C
Compiler. I tried typing "man gcc" just to see and it appears I do not
have any gcc on my box.

So I downloaded one, and when I tried to configure its prefix it said:

[root@localhost gcc-4.1.1]# ./configure --prefix="/sbin/gcc"
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Any help? I couldn't quite figure out why it's now looking for cc...

--
Carlos Narváez
http://www.juegopixel.com