Re: Crosstool-NG does not work (help!)

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 00:12 +0100, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> If this is really a shell problem, then I'd have to force make to use
> bash. Anyway, bash is already a pre-requisite for the internal scripts
> to run, so this is no real problem.

If a script requires bash to run, then it should start with #!/bin/bash
as the sh-bang line.

If your script starts with #!/bin/sh, then it should use ONLY POSIX
shell features, and no bash-specific features. [*]

Cheers!

-----
[*] I know POSIX doesn't require sh to live in /bin, but this is a
de-facto standard.  For everyone but Solaris of course (*grrr*)