Re: crosstools on Linux targeting Darwin/MacOS X

On Thursday 15 November 2007 10:53, Dustin McCartney wrote:
> Michael Wetherell wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 November 2007 03:08, Dustin McCartney wrote:
> >> Anyone here have much luck/experience creating a cross-compiler
> >> that is hosted in a Linux box that target's Darwin/MacOS X?
> >>
> >> I am finding very little information on this crosstool chain...
> >> Usually I find how-to's on building cross compilers for MacOS X
> >> which target Linux (the opposite direction I want to go).
> >
> > I put a how-to here:
> > http://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/pub/linux-mac-cross/
> >
> > There are ready built binaries there, plus information on how to
> > build a tool chain from source.
> >
> > The compiler included in the binaries is Apple gcc 4.0.1 build
> > 5247, which is the one included in Xcode 2.2.1.
>
> Have you tried this with MacOS v10.5 yet?

I haven't tried it. The default for the tools there is to target 10.4
and later, so the programs produced should work on 10.5.

OTOH, if you need some features from the 10.5 SDK, then the toolchain
I've got built there may well still work if you also install the 10.5
SDK and use the -isysroot option to select it when you compile your
programs. There's an example of using the tools that way in the readme
though with the 10.3.9 sdk rather than 10.5. If you try that then let
me know if it works.

Regards,
Mike