RE: Error building glibc-2.3.2 for my arm-9tdmi-linux cross compiler on cygwin

On 18 January 2008 15:31, J Johnson wrote:

> Thanks for the comments Dave.  I don't believe I'm doing either of those
> things.  Here are the exact steps I'm performing:
>
> 1. download http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.43.tar.gz
> 2. Unpack it using tar from \cygwin\bin (tar -xzvf crosstool-0.43.tar.gz)
> 3. I edit the demo-arm9tdmi.sh to set TARBALLS_DIR manually (using gvim)
> 4. execute the following command: >sh demo-armtdmi.sh
>
> That's it!
>
> Is it possible that I have some environment variable set that defines a
> directory or file with a space in it somewhere that the build is trying to
> use?

  Right.  I had a go at this over the weekend and the problem didn't reproduce
for me.  My copy of sysd-syscalls didn't contain anything remotely resembling
the variable assignments you described - so much so that I wonder if there's
some confusion over the filename?  I've attached the one I ended up with for
comparison.  My build eventually failed somewhere later on for an unrelated
reason.

  Your cygcheck output looked good, no textmode mounts or anything to
interfere, but I did notice what might just be a potential source of problems:

Found: C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe
Warning: C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe hides C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe

  Is that ActiveState perl there?  If the build process uses perl to build
generated files, and if AS perl is in your PATH ahead of cygwin perl and is
getting invoked instead of cygwin perl, that would certainly be a likely
explanation why you were getting CRLF line endings.  Perhaps you should try
with AS perl safely removed from your path or renamed aside?

    cheers,
      DaveK