Re: arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi ABI selection

Marc, Michael and all,

On Sunday 31 August 2008 00:40:46 Marc Kleine-Budde wrote:
> Just a simple question, why are you fiddeling around with --with-abi or
> -mabi flags in the first place?

Because in my first attempts at making EABI work, I did set those flags
and I eventually got a (seemingly) working toolchain where the linux
kernel could build and boot, and busybox was built and could run a shell.

> If a toolchain target touple is "arm-unknown-linux-gnu" the toolchain
> becomes an oabi (old ABI) toolchain, whereas
> "arm-whatever-linux-gnueabi" produces an eabi toolchain. Magically, no
> need for these manual flags.

Yes, you are right (see my other post). If Michael comes up saying this
works for him (it does for me), I'll change the ARM EABI configuration to
not offer setting the ABI flags.

Thanks very much for the hint! :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | _/*\_ | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |