Re: [crosstool-ng] Small question and mini-patch

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> The populate script already has some code to do exactly that.

That reminds me: I encountered an interesting extra problem using the
populate script: the resolver library (at least in glibc) dynamically
loads the library it requires (unfortunately I can't remember *which*
library that is at the moment) and fails silently if that library can't be
found.  Took me *ages* to figure that one out!

Ah yes, I had to use strace to figure out the problem -- and running it
again, I see that I need to have /lib/libnss_dns.so.2 and
/lib/libresolv.so.2 available.  I don't know why these are always
dynamically linked, seems very odd to me.

Just a little warning if you use this otherwise quite cute script.