Re: Unexpected automake version dependency causes build to fail

Micheal,
All,

On Tuesday 16 December 2008 18:27:06 Michael Abbott wrote:
> It looks as if crosstool-ng-1.3.1 (or maybe the particular component I'm
> trying to build) has a fresh dependency on automake 1.10.1.

Yep, it is needed to re-do the MPFR autotools files... :-(

> 2. Tail of build.log:
[--SNIP--]
> Ok, my automake is not so fresh.  But I thought crosstool-ng was clever
> about these things?

No, it's not. It can not account for all setups, but maybe I could enhance
the check in ./configure to require automake at least 1.10...

> Does crosstool-ng have the hooks to build its own local copy of automake,
> or do I need to do that first (and somehow ensure it's in the right places
> and doesn't get muddled with my existing elderly tools)?

You have to provide those. Exporting PATH with the correct order should
be enough to make those accessible.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |