Re: updated Cortex-M3 build script (again)

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Cortex-M3 is a Thumb-only processor (if I'm not mistaken).

Thumb only?  You astonish me.  I'm pretty sure, for a start, that you
can't do any interrupt handling in thumb processing -- I mean, the
alternate registers are not accessible in this mode, if I'm not mistaken.

Well, I'm quite wrong: just downloaded the "ARM v7-M Architecture
Application Level Reference Manual" and it says "ARMv7-M only executes
Thumb instructions".  How intruiging.

By the way, thoroughly off topic -- anybody know how to identify, from sh
script only, whether you're running on an old ABI glibc or new EABI
install?  `uname` is clearly useless (it's nothing to do with the kernel),
and digging about in /lib hasn't been very instructive yet -- the output
of /lib/libc.so.6 although intriuging isn't terribly useful for this task.
My fallback is going to have to be to run a sample program, I guess...