Re: EABI on bare metal.

Thomas,
All,

On Thursday 26 March 2009 19:59:33 Thomas Charron wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Yann E. MORIN
> <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> > a binary-only blob you can't rebuild?
>   It was strange, I think it did build something using the wrong one.
> Not sure, I'll test it out later.

Most probably a left-over, uncleaned file...

>   I would love to actually help, but I'll be honest.  I did go thru
> and start playing with what it takes to add it in, using the other
> scripts/build/libc scripts as an example.

Yes, it will be quite complex. Currently, bare-metal compilers are
built using the core gcc procedure, because I could not make the
procedure for the final compiler to work for bare-metal.

But using newlib will require the final compiler to be built, but it
is not possible as-is.

>   I'll let you know if I have time to mess with some things.  I CAN
> say I wouldn't be up to snuff on helping change the whole mechanism,
> but I can certainly help get it working with newlib.

Yes, I will certainly be interested to get some feedback, as I don't
have the necessary setup to test bare-metal. Thank you for offering
help in this regard.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

BTW. "Thomas CHARRON" sounds really like a french name. Are you
     french, by chance?
YEM.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |