Crosstool-ng installation path

Hi,

I want to install a toolchain to a specific directory by setting the
variable CT_PREFIX_DIR, however this didn't work and I have always my
toolchain in ${HOME}/x-tools/${CT_TARGET}.
I thought that it was a problem of an inexistant directory and/or that I
haven't set the $CT_TARGET variable, but even when I set both of the
variable to the right choice ($CT_PREFIX_DIR=my_directory/${CT_TARGET})
it didn't work either.
Can someone help me please to fix this problem.

Thanks,

--
Hichem.