strip problem in busybox

Hi,

I am trying to compile busybox with my new cross compiler but it fails at the final post , stripping the object file.

$ make CC="arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc"

  CC      util-linux/volume_id/util.o
  CC      util-linux/volume_id/volume_id.o
  CC      util-linux/volume_id/xfs.o
  AR      util-linux/volume_id/lib.a
  LINK    busybox_unstripped
Trying libraries: crypt m
 Library crypt is not needed, excluding it
 Library m is needed, can't exclude it (yet)
Final link with: m
strip: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `busybox_unstripped'
make: *** [busybox] Error 1

I found a post on busybox ML that seems to address this precise problem.

http://www.mail-archive.com/busybox@busybox.net/msg02146.html

I did a fresh SVN pull but the issue remains.

Is this a defect in ct-cg or in the BB Makefile?

Any way around this?

TIA.