Re: crosstool-ng: sstrip from buildroot no longer possible using svn

Joachim,
All,

On Sunday 10 May 2009 16:49:35 Joachim Nilsson wrote:
> Recently the uClibc, buildroot and busybox folks migrated to git from
> Subversion.

Yes, I know... Sigh...

> So the fetch method for the (extremely useful) sstrip tool
> is no longer available.
>
> I tried changing from svn to git clone, but iirc git does not allow
> subtree clones.

No it does not. But I think we can 'wget' the equivalent of 'HEAD'.

> The sstrip in buildroot is a big-endian friendly patched version of the
> original sstrip from elfkickers.  Maybe someone (me?) should take it upon
> themselves to host the sstrip tool in a convenient way (git-repo +
> tarball releases) outside of buildroot?

That's not really needed, unless you plan to revive the ELFkickers.

> Another option could be to keep a source copy of sstrip in the
> crosstool-ng tree.

No, I won't do that. Or we'd end up with packaging "ports" for glibc >= 2.8
and many other stuff... I don't want that. Let's fix the URL.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |