Re: scanf doesn't work

All,

On Friday 19 June 2009 16:04:51 Martin Guy wrote:
> I can't reproduce this problem, but one way to make it go away might be to use
> arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi and compile your kernel with USE_EABI set.
> You will also need to replace your rootf with one compiled using EABI
> as this is an incompatible change.

Or activate support for OABI in the kernel...
Of course, this {w,c}ould lead to having two libc: one EABI, and one OABI.
And would require carefully linking the /new/ software against the EABI one.
And many other weird stuff could happen.

> also makes floating point
> calculations work 11 times faster (yes, 11)

Yep, it does! :-)

> as well as enabling you to
> use your FPU if any for a further 2 to 5 times speedup in FP.

Hmmm... I don't have any FPU, but I would have thought than an FPU would
speed up float calculations by more than a mere 5x. I will have to make
use of the NEON extensions on my OMAP3530 to check. Low prio, though...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |