Re: Installing crosstool-ng fails on Debian

Am Samstag 10 Oktober 2009 00:59:59 schrieb Yann E. MORIN:
> > $ dpkg -l bash
> > [...]
> > ii  bash            4.0-4             The GNU Bourne Again SHell
> > Using --with-bash=/bin/bash works for configure but the resulting
> > Makefile has bash=@@bash@@ set and many installed files also. This make
> > ct-ng fail completely. I fixed it locally by modifying Makefile and
> > running make again. Still, lib/ct-ng-1.5.0/paths.mk had still the
> > @@bash@@ after installation. After fixing that, "ct-ng works".
>
> Hmmm. Something is deeply screwed, then. Sigh... :-(
> Care to try attached patch? It should fix all --with-foo options.

That fixes the problem, indeed :)

> I'm still interested to understand why configure can't find bash.
> I'll see if I can setup a qemu with a testing in it this WE, but
> I'd really appreciate if you could try to see through this...

I just did and your problem is locale based. I have German locale here which
makes the match string (line 334) fail. You have to run those commands with
LC_ALL set to C locale!

$ bash --version
GNU bash, Version 4.0.28(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
[..]
$ LC_ALL=C bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.0.28(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

Note: v != V

> > I want to use crosstool-ng to build a toolchain for the AVR NGW100 board
> > :)
>
> Yes, support for avr has just made it into crosstool-NG, but it's hidden
> behind the EXPERIMENTAL option; be sure to activate it, or avr will not
> be available. Also, EXPERIMENTAL really means that: it is experimental
> support! Good luck, and report success/failure, please! :-)

I just realized that avr != avr32. There is very little information on the web
on how to build an avr32 toolchain since avr32linux.org is down, except AVR's
buildroot stuff . The patches do not seem to be in gcc & co., yet, or their
websites are totally outdated.

Have fun

HS