libc.so GROUP Statement

Hi All,

I'm building arm-cortex_a8-linux-gnueabi with crosstool-ng-1.5.2.  The resulting libc.so contains:

/* GNU ld script
   Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
   the static library, so try that secondarily.  */
OUTPUT_FORMAT(elf32-littlearm)
GROUP ( /lib/libc.so.6 /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a  AS_NEEDED ( /lib/ld-linux.so.3 ) )

Cross compiling some applications I receive the following error:

.../arm-cortex_a8-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

If I manually change the GROUP statement in libc.so to:

GROUP ( libc.so.6 libc_nonshared.a  AS_NEEDED ( ld-linux.so.3 ) )

the applications cross compile without error.

Am I doing something wrong when cross compiling the applications?

The arm-cortex_a8-linux-gnueabi crosstool.config has CT_USE_SYSROOT=y (and CT_SYSROOT_DIR_PREFIX=""). I thought the path in the libc.so GROUP statement would be pointing to the toolchain's sysroot directory.  I'm basing this on glibc.sh running make with install_root=$(CT_SYSROOT_DIR).  Am I not reading the script correctly?

Is there a way to configure the toolchain to alter the paths in the libc.so GROUP statement?

Thanks,
...doug