Re: Requirement gcj not detected by configure

Hello Johan, All!

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 21:04:49 Johan Thelin wrote:
> However, it seems that ct-ng depends on gcj as well. This is something
> that is not detected until a build is attempted and failed.

Yes. gcj is needed only if you want to build the Java frontend, which is
not something I would expect to be the common case. That's why it is not
required at configure time.

OTOH we can't disble the Java frontend (of the Fortran one) just because
the required tools are not available at configure time, as you may install
those later, in which case it would suddenly be posible to build these
frontends!

That's why we only check for gcj (gfortran) at /build/ time

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.