Re: interesting arm + thumb interaction with vendor string

Michael, All,

On Thursday 04 March 2010 160223 M P wrote:
> I was building a toolchain for arm and set it's vendor string to
> "thumb", and the toolchain kept failing to build (in the final install
> stage, "libc. wrong file format".
> It now builds fine, with the /exact/ same configuration files appart
> from the "thumb" replaced with "mini" -- I tried /everything/ and i
> can definitely claim that the vendor string makes it fail...

Yes, I see why. The ./configure script for gcc, glibc et al. splits
the tuple into different parts, and it ends up thinking that you are
using thumb when in fact it is ARM, or conversely.

I consider that it is a bug in the auto-stuff.

But you are right, I will add that to the know issues. Thank you!

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |