Re: Cross-compiling with ./configure

Yann, thanks for your help.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Yann E. MORIN
<yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> First, given --host=foo-bar, ./configure will search for a compiler
> and associated tools named like:
> ?foo-bar-gcc
> ?foo-bar-ld
> and so on...
>
> In your case, ./configure would look for: arm-linux-gcc. Does that exist?
> If not, it seems your toolchain is named arm-eabi, so you would get
> arm-eabi-gcc. Is that the case?

The prebuilt Android toolchain includes two executable directories,
one with "undecorated" executable file names such as gcc, g++ and so
on, and the other with arm-eabi-gcc, arm-eabi-g++.  I tried setting
the CC variable in my ./configure command line to point to the
arm-eabi-gcc.  Now it gets a little further:

    arm-eabi/bin/ld: crt0.o: No such file: No such file or directory

I must be able to exec cc1 now, or I wouldn't have gotten as far as
attempting to link.  However, I cannot find crt0.o anywhere in the
Android source tree:

   $ find . -name crt0.o -print

The above doesn't return any results.

Ever Faithful,