RE: statically linked replacement for cygpath - anyone got such a beast?

Thank you for your response Christopher.  I had already included attempts to find cygwin and Cygpath into my current and previous implementations.

Thanks for your clarification.  I can see that my wording of the original post could be better put so
as to reflect what I wanted:
  - something that does what Cygpath does
  - It needs to compile and run native in the real OS (not Posix emulation)
  - It needs to be able to detect if it is in emulation and adjust
  - If would ideally gain advantages of the existence of the emulation and use it

This subject of has been an issue of cross development Gcc since before Cygnus' existence.

Specifically the management of path strings in make flows for operating systems that include Windows, Posix, and posix emulation as applied to Canadian cross build flows.  Can't get more "cross Gcc" than that.

/f