can CTNG build an x86 (32bits) cross-toolchain on an amd64(64bits) workstation ?

Hi all,

I'm back looking at crosstool-ng, and I've noticed all the progress
that has been made in a few months of time.
Congratulations and many thanks to all, especially to Yann, for
releasing a great piece of software!

I have a question regarding how to use ct-ng on an amd64 machine.
I would like to generate a cross-toolchain that will be run on
32bits-x86 machines.

That sounds to me like a mild case of canadian cross compiler.

Of course I can use a 32bits jail and run ct-ng to build inside of it,
I am just wondering if there is a way to do that with the current
version, or the head of the hg tree.

Short of finalizing the canadian support, would you think of a way to
generate 32bits x86 on an 64bits amd64 ? something like the use of
"-m32" flag

thanks in advance for any insight,

best regards

--Frederic