crosstool with MPC5200B powerpc processor

Hi Yann,

A quick email to thank you for all your work on crosstool. Using 1.7.1 I've got a very stable cross-compiler for my system based around a Freescale MPC5200B. For interest these are the pertinent details, in case you want to add it to your list of successful builds on your website:

Target architecture : powerpc, 32-bit big-endian
CPU: 603e
linux: 2.6.29.1
binutils: 2.20
gcc: 4.4.4, with c++
libc: eglibc 2.10, with ports addon and nptl
extra target CFLAGS: -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE
companion libs: gmp 4.3.2, mpfr 3.0.0, ppl 0.10.2, cloog 0.15.9, mpc 0.8.2
additional: native and cross gdb 6.8 built, plus gcc test suite

The important thing is not to use 'sstrip' since it is very broken -- i.e. it totally scrambles libraries! I also couldn't get glibc or eglibc to compile without disabling the 'FORTIFY_SOURCE' flag. Everything else can be set as the defaults.

Using the gcc test suite option worked mostly very well. The summaries were as follows:

=== gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes  53409
# of unexpected failures 146
# of expected failures  193
# of unresolved testcases 76
# of unsupported tests  631

=== g++ Summary ===

# of expected passes  19467
# of unexpected failures 41
# of expected failures  157
# of unresolved testcases 42
# of unsupported tests  158

What was interesting and I haven't yet tracked down is that not all of the tests that executed on the target were able to do so. Most worked fine, but some (according to the detailed logs) were not found following the copy to the target. I "found" them manually and could get them to execute from the console, but they were in a totally different folder to where they should have been. Therefore this may be a bug in some of the gcc test scripts.

But, needless to say, I'm very impressed how smooth an operation it has been on the whole.

Many, many, many thanks!

Andy