Re: ct-ng -> git repos instead of single patches

* Marc Kleine-Budde <mkl@pengutronix.de> wrote:

> > But: yes, we could also fqdns, but with the drawbacks that:
> >
> > a) vendor names (and so all refs) get much longer
>
> there's a bash completion for git.

hmm, I'll have a try :)

> > b) the naming scheme has to be changed to support dots in vendor names.
> >
> > When defining the naming scheme, I played around with slashes as
> > delimiters, but that tended to confuse git (in it's own namespacing)
> > Maybe we could use some other character ?
>
> hmmm, i never had problems with it, however you're not allowed to have a
> branch called foo and foo/bar, because internally git tracks this as
> files in the filesystem. You cannot have a file and a directory both
> called "foo" in the same directory.

Jep, that might be where the problem came from (don't remember, too
long ago ;-o).

hmm, what about a colon as separator ?

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666