Re: Behaviour of toolchain "cannot find /lib/libc.so.0"

Hi Thomas,

My builds of buildroot using crosstool 1.8.0 with binutils 2.20 (instead
of 2.20.1) appear to have worked OK.

My patched buildroot 2010.02 includes my patch hack described at:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2010-June/035619.html

Which essentially just adds redundant TARGET_CFLAGS and TARGET_LDFLAGS
to point into the staging area which is probably why I got net-snmp to
build even without the --sysroot option present.

There are crosstool patches to binutil 2.20 related to --sysroot in the
ld command that were not carried forward to binutils 2.20.1.  In fact
there isn't even a collection of patches for binutils 2.20.1 in
crosstool 1.8.0 at all.

Regards,

Darcy