Re: error about build toolchain with crosstool-ng-1.8.0

hi:

2010/9/8 Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:34 PM, loody <miloody@gmail.com> wrote:
>> from your log, I can at different stage it will
>> ?Saving '/media/sdb1/toolchain/crosstool-ng-1.8.0/build/targets/mipsel-unknown-linux-uclibc/build/configs'
>> [DEBUG] ? ? ?./
>> [DEBUG] ? ? ?./uClibc.config
>>
>> my questions are:
>>
>> 1. how the ct -nt decide whether this option is need or not when go
>> through previous compile process?
>>
> it depends on stuff you select during ct-ng configuration.
>
>> 2. if i want to build a uclibc with debug info such the below shows
>> #
>> # uClibc development/debugging options
>> #
>> CROSS_COMPILER_PREFIX=""
>> UCLIBC_EXTRA_CFLAGS=""
>> DODEBUG=y
>> DODEBUG_PT=y
>> DOASSERTS=y
>> SUPPORT_LD_DEBUG=y
>> SUPPORT_LD_DEBUG_EARLY=y
>> UCLIBC_MALLOC_DEBUGGING=y
>> WARNINGS="-Wall"
>> EXTRA_WARNINGS=y
>> # DOMULTI is not set
>> what can I do let configs/uClibc.config include above option?
>> I have try to forcibly change it with my config that enable debug option.
>> But finally it is fail. :(......
>>
> you certainly want to set "Debug level" to 2 in ct-ng uClibc's configuration.
thanks for your all kind help.
let me summarize the combinations I tried so far:

>build.log.mipsel.uC30.1:
>>I guess your uClibc configuration is missing UCLIBC_HAS_FLOATS.
the toolchain is successfully compiled but failed at libelf compiling.
attach the log

>build.log.mipsel.uC30.2:
>>cf. http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc-cvs/2006-April/022762.html
give up

>build.log.x86.uC30.1:
>>I guess your uClibc configuration is missing UCLIBC_HAS_FENV.
pass

>build.log.i386.glibc
>build.log.i386.eglibc
>build.log.mips.eglibc
failed and attach the log

BTW, I have some questions:
1. from http://freshmeat.net/projects/crosstool-ng/, it says 1.8.0 can
build uclibc+nptl, but I cannot see this option. (please see the
attach pic)

2. i saw there are some test sample files in uclibc/test, and it seem
crossng will not compile it and we have to compile them by ourself.

3. I can get x86 with uclibc which crossng made for me, and I use it
to compile some simple program. But how can I activate the new dynamic
loader instead of the default one for testing the toolchain?
appreciate your help :)
miloody