Re: Trouble building cross compiler for powerpc

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 10:19 AM, NebRaSkA van HÃlen
<peekpoker@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Whole log is about 20MB. So I will attach a log containing only a thousand lines before the error happens, which is at the end of the file. I hope it's enough to determine the root of the problem.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --- On Sat, 9/25/10, Xianghua Xiao <xiaoxianghua@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> are you sure that's the start of the
>> problem from the error log? maybe
>> you can attach the whole log instead.
>>
>> xianghua
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 9:06 AM, NebRaSkA van HÃlen <peekpoker@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm using ct-ng to prepare a cross compiler for
>> PowerPC. I picked "powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu" sample and
>> started the build process. Everything went ok until the
>> "libc" step (Installing C library), when it failed telling
>> me it could not find -lgcc. The full error log is appended
>> to the end of this message.
>> >
>> > As similar problems where previously reported in this
>> list, I tried several suggested workarounds but had no
>> success at all.
>> >
>> > However, I can build a "powerpc-unknown-linux-uclibc"
>> crosscompiler without problem. But I need the glibc one.
>> >
>> > Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
>> >

> --

maybe you can attach your .config, i can see if it works on my ubuntu 10.04.
i used 4.4.3/glibc and it worked well for powerpc, you can find my
previous emails on a little fix to get it going(for glibc, i.e.
FORTIFY_SOURCE, do you have to use 4.3.2?

xianghua