Re: [CT_NG] ct-ng build tries to install headers to live system

Somchai, All,

On Thursday 04 November 2010 19:44:29 Somchai Smythe wrote:
>     I don't know if my problem is a bug or just how it has to be.  On
> older crosstool-ng versions (1.7.x) it worked the way I expected, but
> now it does not.  When doing ct-ng build when I told it to install
> into a  CT_PREFIX_DIR it still tries to write on /usr (which is
> mounted read-only normally on my system).  I am using ct-ng 1.9.0, but
> I had this problem in 1.8.x too.

Why did you wait for 1.9 to be out before you reported the issue?
If you had, we may have found a way to fix crosstool-Ng _before_
1.9.0 is out.

> I hoped it would be cured by 1.9.0,
> but maybe this is normal behavior now?

No, it's not normal behavior. It should not happen.

> I can install a machine just
> to build the stuff with ct-ng if this is just how it has to be, but I
> was hoping not to need to do that.  Here is the end of the log file
> showing the issue I am having:
[--SNIP--]

That's not enough to understand the issue. Please put the entire build.log
file somewhere on-line (do *not* post it on the list!) so we can see where
and why it breaks.

FWIW, I have built a x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu toolchain on a Debian Lenny
x86_64 machine without any issue.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.