Re: linuxthreads

Xiao, All,

On Thursday 04 November 2010 20:36:57 Xianghua Xiao wrote:
> just curious, why are we still using linuxthreads in eglibc?

Because it is still possible to use older versions of eglibc that still
have a functional LinuxThreads implementation.

> is there a way for me to turn off LINUXTHREADS in eglibc? I really
> only need nptl.

When you select NPTL, then LinuxThreads are not used, only NPTL is.

> not sure what these mean from the above config options:
> CT_LIBC_SUPPORT_LINUXTHREADS=y

This one means that eglibc has LinuxThreads implementation...

> # CT_THREADS_LINUXTHREADS is not set

... and this ones means LinuxThreads shall *not* be used.

If you look again at your .config, you'll see:

--8<--
#
# Common C library options
#
CT_THREADS_NPTL=y
# CT_THREADS_LINUXTHREADS is not set
# CT_THREADS_WIN32THREADS is not set
# CT_THREADS_NONE is not set
--8<--

Which means:
- NPTL is to be used
- LinuxThreads are to be *not* used
- Windows threads are to be *not* used
- non-threaded is to be *not* used

Which seems to be exactly what you want.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.