Re: cross toolchain for freescale's P2020

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Bryan Hundven <bryanhundven@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/30 Zvi Vered <veredz72@gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to use the last version of crosstool-ng to build a toolchain for
>> Freescale's P1020/2020/1011 chips (QorIQ).
>>
>> This chip is not listed in the list-samples of ct-ng
>>
>> I chose PowerPC but I think I must specify other options too.
>
> powerpc-e500v2-linux-gnuspe works. I have tested it on p1011, p1020,
> p2010, and p2020.
>
> All of these platforms are "e500v2"
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QorIQ
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC_e500
>
>> Can you help ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Zvika Vered
>>
>> --
>>

> -Bryan

As a mater of fact... the boards I referenced are also known as the
p1_p2_rdb board.
The P2020DS should also be e500v2.

For p3 and p4, you would need to modify the e500v2 config to be
e500mc. Not sure if the compiler switches would be different? I hope
to be getting a p4080 soon, and I will add e500mc support at that
time.

All of these boards are under the QoriQ platform name, I just wanted
to be clear that p1 & p2 are e500mc, and p3 and p4 are e500mc.

p5 is an e5500, but again, I don't have a board.

If anyone has a p3, p4, or p5 board and the freescale gcc that is
included in the dev kit, it would be nice if you provided the output
of:

  echo "int main() {}" | gcc -v -xc -

and the specific board that you have. If not, I'm sure I can krplunk
around google and find the right configure-time flags.

-Bryan