    Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:53:06 -0400
    From: Jim Norton <jimnorton@jimnorton.org>
 Subject: First time user - basic question
      To: crossgcc@sourceware.org

Hello,

I've googled around and I'm still a bit unsure about how to use my cross-chain tool when it's done being built.

I'm in the process of running ct-ng build. When that is finished, what are the steps to actually compile a project?

I read the docs/5 using.txt file. It is really as simple as adding the cross compiler bin directory to the path and then setting CROSS_COMPILE env variable?

When those two things are done do I simply invoke gcc or cc as normal and/or use makefiles as normal? And is it the CROSS_COMPILE env variable that tells gcc/cc what compiler to actually use?

Sorry if this seems really basic....

Thank you,
Jim

----- End message from jimnorton@jimnorton.org -----