Re: building 'native', 'cross' and 'cross-native' GCCs

On Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:11 PM, Michael Zintakis wrote:

Googling "multiple definition of `_dl_addr_inside_object'" suggests a
couple of things to try:

1. removing "-fstack-protector" (I use this option when building gcc);
2. force this by adding "-fno-stack-protector" to both the gcc and glibc
builds;
3. use "-j1" instead of (my usual) "-j3"

Unfortunately none of this worked and I am really stuck and very
frustrated, so would appreciate any help from the list with regards to
how to overcome this problem.

Have you tried setting extra target CFLAGS to "-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE"? This setting is on the C-library settings page. I'm not 100% sure this is the problem you are having, but most of the time there is a need to set this CFLAGS option anyway.

Andy