Re: Any guide about how to debug ct-ng???

Peica, All,

[Please, wrap lines at 72-78 chars]

On Tuesday 30 August 2011 16:56:57 Peica wrote:
> I found I am in a stupid way. I am build whole toolchain time after time
> to check some problem. It cause so many time. Is there any guide about
> how to work in debug way like I could build a single one component at
> each time.

Yes, it is possible, but there are a few conditions :

 - you can't debug when changing the configuration; if you change the config,
   you have to start from scratch

 - you must initially configure with:
    Paths and misc options  -->
      [*] Debug crosstool-NG
      [*]   Save intermediate steps

 - first run crosstool-Ng as usual:
     ct-ng build

Then:

 - crosstool-NG will print messages like:
     "Saving state to restart at step 'XXXX'..."

 - you can then restart the build with either one of:
    ct-ng XXXX+    -> restart at step XXXX and continue
    ct-ng XXXX     -> restart at step XXXX, and stop just after

 - if you want to prepare a build up to a step:
    ct-ng +XXXX    -> start from scratch, and stop just before step XXXX

 - to see all steps:
    ct-ng list-steps

 - you can get some auto-completion by sourcing ct-ng.comp
    . ct-ng.comp

 - and of course:
    ct-ng help
    docs/4 - Building the toolchain.txt