Re: Built arm-none-eabi with multilib for x86_64-unkown-linux-gnu with crosstool-ng-1.14.0

Per, All,

On Thursday 02 February 2012 12:14:55 Per Arnold Blaasmo wrote:
> But according to Newlib FAQ:
> -"Newlib, by default, builds "multilibs"."
>
> - "When built, the compiler sets up a list of option permutations and a
> set of directory names to place multilibs in. This information is
> exposed externally via the "print-multi-lib" option which outputs the
> list in a compact form. When the compiler is called to compile and link
> an application, it recognizes multilib-designated options and knows
> which versions of target libraries, such as newlib, to link with which
> has been built with the same options"
>
> -"When newlib is building, it simply invokes the compiler with the
> -print-multi-lib option to get the set of multilibs it should create"
>
> So I believed that since GCC and Binutils was built with --with-multilib
> option that Newlib would just pick up that.

Indeed, I just checked that, and newlib did install its files in the different
multi-lib directories. Pretty good for newlib! :-)

I'll add this as a sample. Thanks for the heads-up!

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |