Re: [Buildroot] crosstools build fails when hard fpu is selected

Le 22/11/2012 09:52, Thomas Petazzoni a écrit :
Dear Thierry Bultel,

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 09:46:24 +0100, Thierry Bultel wrote:

I thought that is was due to the fact that the "Use soft float by
default" option was not available when using an external toolchain (why
?) but I have the same issue when crosstol-ng is built within buildroot
(and the option deselected of course)

I am still investigating, but if you have a clue I would appreciate

/home/tbultel/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/lib/gcc/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/4.6.3/../../../../arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld:
error: ../lib/libncurses.so.5.9 uses VFP register arguments,
../obj_s/hardscroll.o does not

From a quick look, it smells like not everybody has been built with the same CFLAGS or something like that. Like part of it has been built with hardfp, and some other with softfp. I would think "use VFP register arguments" means hardfp (floating point values are passed to functions through the floating-point registers). So libncurses.so.5.9 would be hardfp, and hardscroll.o would be softfp or soft-float and that cannot be linked together.

Are you sure you disabled BR2_SOFT_FLOAT in Buildroot? Check the entire
build log of ncurses to see which compiler flags are being passed.

Yes, I am definitively sure that BR2_SOFT_FLOAT is disabled in my .config However I have BR2_PREFER_SOFT_FLOAT=y which is automatically set.

Looking at the build log, there are no '-mfpu=' flags at all when invoking crosstool's gcc

I do not reproduce the issue with the CodeSourcery as external toolchain, letting me think that my crosstool configuration is
wrong.

best regards
Thierry

Best regards,