Suggestion: for Glibc version between 2.3 and2.16

Hi.

I have had good success with using CT-NG for ARM target.

I have a suggestion for an improvement, but would like feedback on the right way to go.

Currently you specify the Glibc version as something like 2.11.2 and it looks for glibc-2.11.2 and downloads it.  Then it looks for glibc-ports-2.11.2 and fails as only glibc-ports-2.11 exists.

At this point, CT_NG requires that you specify the glibc version as 2.11 and hope that there is nothing important in 2.11.2.

If you really do want glibc 2.11.2 or 2.11.3 there is one workaround:

1) Download glibc-ports-2.11.  Extract it, rename the directory to glibc-ports-2.11.2 and repack it.  The build will now succeed.

Would it be better to alter CT_NG so that

2) It tries CT_LIBC_VERSION (which might be 2.11.2 for example) and if that doesn't work, create a new variable for example CT_ADDON_VERSION which contains 2.11, and use that to process the ports addon.

3) Have an additional prompt where you can specify the addon version if it is not the same s the Glibc version?

I am happy to try either of the changes as a patch / md to CT_NG, but would welcome suggestions on which route is seem as better.

Martin