Re: Newbie question - tmpnam error

Kalai, All,

[please, wrap your text to ~80 columns next time]

On Monday 28 January 2013 Kalai Narayanan-SSI wrote:
> I had to set the LDFLAGS because it was not picking up the correct library
> versions for gmp while compiling ppl (during the gmp version check).

What host distro do you use?

> CT_PREFIX_BUILD - I wanted the prefix to distinguish from the tools that
> were already installed on the system.

No, you want crostool-NG to use the native compiler to natively build the
tools. Your cross-gcc et al. are built natively. See:
    http://crosstool-ng.org/hg/crosstool-ng/file/20f2459b97bf/docs/6%20-%20Toolchain%20types.txt#l1

> CT_CC_ENABLE_CXX_FLAGS - I went through a few online suggestions from
> stackoverflow.com and added them in. W/o these options, I was seeing
> the following error ...
>
> [ERROR]    checking for extra compiler flags for building... configure:
> error: --enable-cxx-flags needs compiler flags as arguments
> [ERROR]    checking for cexp in -lm... make[2]: *** [configure-target-
> libstdc++-v3] Error 1
> [ERROR]    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

Hmm. Never saw those so far. No clue... :-(

> I didn't want to try the known build as I wanted support for arm64 in
> gcc and I could see that the linaro build had the support for it.

crosstool-NG does not have aarch64 (aka arm64) support for now. Sorry.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.