This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
New package suite: openldap-2.1.25-1 - Lightweight Directory AccessProtocol clients and libraries
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <dr dot volker dot zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:56:42 +0100
- Subject: New package suite: openldap-2.1.25-1 - Lightweight Directory AccessProtocol clients and libraries
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The LDAP libraries, clients and runtime from the openldap package are now
available with the Cygwin distribution:
* http://www.openldap.org/ (Homepage)
* http://www.openldap.org/software/download/ (Download location)
Although the LDAP server seems to run fine and passes all tests it's not
bundeled with this packages suite. If somebody wants to take over this
part please stand up...
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol clients and libraries. The libs can
for example be used to LDAP enable the upcoming XEmacs package or the already
distributed pine package.
The LDAP clients (ldapadd/-delete/-modify/-search/-compare/-modrdn) are
useful to talk to standard LDAP servers not only the OpenLDAP one.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Once you've downloaded setup.exe, run it and select "Libs"
and then click on the appropriate fields until the above announced
version numbers appear if they are not displayed already.
If your mirror doesn't yet have the latest version of this package after
24 hours, you can either continue to wait for that site to be updated or
you can try to find another mirror.
Please send questions or comments to the Cygwin mailing list at:
If you want to subscribe go to:
I would appreciate if you would use this mailing list rather than
emailing me directly. This includes ideas and comments about the setup
utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.