This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwig dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:15:42 -0500
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.5.8-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.5.7-1:
- Fix hang typified by trying to execute an unknown command in zsh.
This was caused by a signal race which could have caused other strange hangs
or odd behavior.
- Fix "make -j" hang (this was unrelated to the above). (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix problem where wait() was incorrectly interrupted by a signal. This sometimes
affected make. (Christopher Faylor)
- Tighten spawn()/exec() security. (Pierre Humblet)
- Add SIGRTMIN definition. (Christopher Faylor)
- Reimplement strtosigno/strsignal. (Christopher Faylor)
- Increase size of cygwin's heap. (Christopher Faylor)
- Start limited implementation of sigaction(SA_SIGINFO). (Christopher Faylor)
- Implement clock_gettime, sigwaitinfo, timer_create, timer_delete,
timer_settime. (Christopher Faylor)
- Ensure that localtime_r behaves similarly to localtime by calling tzset.
- Make cygserver operations interruptible. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Import latest version of BSD getopt. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Add FIONREAD for sockets. (Ralf Habacker)
- Call tzset in localtime_r. (Christopher Faylor)
- No longer includes newlib's /usr/include/iconv.h . (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix SEGV when overly long path was passed to cygpath. (Christopher Faylor)
- Implement 'cygpath --mode' to print binary/text mode of given file(s).
- Speed up mmap access. (Brian Ford, Corinna Vinschen)
- Implement sighold. (Christopher Faylor)
- Partially implement sigqueue. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix potential race in signal mask setting when cygwin is setting up to
call a signal handler. (Pierre Humblet)
- Fix tape handling to be more linux-like. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix hang or SEGV in cygwin when attempting to remove a directory which
contains an open file or which is otherwise unremovable. (Pierre Humblet)
- Make "kill -f" more able to kill processes not running under current
user. (Rob Siklos)
- Implement TIOCSBRK and TIOCCBRK. (Jaakko Hyvatti)
- Allow Administrators to also "kill" all top level Cygwin processes.
- Fix cygpath to not issue a warning on 'cygpath -i'.
(Christopher Faylor, Igor Pechtchanski)