This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 00:19:40 -0400
- Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.5.11-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.5.10-3:
- Fix various reported cygserver problems. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Add -g/--group option to mkgroup (q.v.) (Igor Pechtchanski)
- Fix some problems with rsync hangs on Windows NT class systems. (Bob Byrnes)
- Fix mysterious configure script premature exit. (Pierre Humblet)
- Properly zero fill file on windows 9x when file is extended. (Pierre Humblet)
- Regularize errno text output. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix handling of audio fds when duped. (Pierre Humblet)
- Report correct processor-specific flags in /proc/cpuinfo.
(Christopher January, Tomas Ukkonen)
- Add workaround to get Cygwin working on 64-bit systems.
(Corinna Vinschen, Christopher Faylor)
- Fix handling of chdir with windows paths. (Pierre Humblet)
- Make path handling and error checking for mount more robust.
- Add minor speedup to spawn/exec processing. (Christophe Jaillet)
- Fix shmget handling. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Don't create filenames, on disk, which normal Windows interprets as
"special". (Pierre Humblet, David Fritz, Christopher Faylor)
- Make IPC_INFO visible only for ipc system utilities, to make it
consistent with declaration of struct seminfo. (Egor Duda)
- Fix usage message in ssp. (John Paul Wallington)