This is the mail archive of the cygwin-announce mailing list for the Cygwin project.

[1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-54

Hi folks,

I just uploaded a new Cygwin 1.7 test release, 1.7.0-54.

This fixes the bug I introduced in -53 which resulted in a non-functional
Cygwin DLL when building optimized code.  Sorry, guys.

Since that's otherwise identical to -53, I kept the remainder
of the -53 release announcement untouched.

What's new in contrast to 1.7.0-52
===================================

- Recognize non-NTFS remote filesystems which report to be NTFS as
  "cifs" filesystems and avoid to call potentially unsupported NT call
  in readdir().

Bugfixes:
=========

- Don't just return EBUSY when trying to remove shared files on an NFS
  share.  Rather, really try to remove them first.

- Fix a typo in setlocale() which made the GBK charset disfunctional.

- Partially fix the FIFO regression reported in

- Fix a crash when trying to set long console title strings.

- Lower the memory usage of file descriptor data on the Cygwin heap.
  This avoids to allocate 64K chunks per file.  The new size is about
  250 bytes + 4 * path length.  This should fix the problem reported in

- Fix a problem in the destructor call order on process exit.
  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2009-07/msg00000.html

- Fix handling of incomplete UTF-8 sequences and rework UTF-16 surrogate
  pair handling in mbrtowc() to be more bullet-proof.  Check for invalid
  Unicode valus beyond 0x10ffff.

FAQ:
====

- Q: How do I know that I'm running Cygwin 1.7.0-54?

  A: The `uname -v' command prints "2009-07-30 22:25"

Have fun,
Corinna

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here: