This is the mail archive of the cygwin-announce mailing list for the Cygwin project.

Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support

Hi folks,

Now that Windows 2003 is finally out of long term support, and given
that XP's much-too-long-term support ended 2014, I'll drop support for
XP and Server 2003 from Cygwin End of 2015.

At this point I'll remove all my XP and 2003 test installations which
are already going mouldy for a long time.  I won't follow up on bug
reports which can't be reproduced on at least Windows Vista (was there
any XP-specific bug report in the last couple of years anyway?).

And during 2016 I will also slowly remove all the workarounds and
kludges necessary to keep these zombies running, thus simplifing the
codebase.

I'd love to do that rather sooner than later, but I wanted to give you
an early headsup.

Corinna

Red Hat