Re: [general] some ideas & request for comments (LONG)

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 05:16:42PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:

>> Assuming binutils/gcc accept my patches (or at least the maintainers of
>> the cygwin ports of those packages), then I vote for option (d).
>>

>It seems that the binutils portion of my desired patches were accepted
>into the main binutils tree. However, this may or may not affect the
>version distributed with cygwin.
>
>Now I'll try to get the [even more minor] patches to gcc accepted. :-)

The only problem is that the current version of binutils + bfd is in a
pretty uncertain state as far as PE for windows is concerned.  I don't
think it is close to being stable yet.

We're using a known stable version of the tools that Mumit provided.

Maybe he'll want to incorporate your changes into his stuff or allow you
to provide a new version of binutils + gcc for latest.

cgf