Re: Additional Patch for bash

On Fri, 26 May 00 13:36:00 +0100, you wrote:

>--- Michael Ring <Michael.Ring@t-mobil.de> wrote:
>> The Source version of bash works fine until a
>>
>> libtoolize --copy --force
>>
>> is issued. The config.guess included in bash is very old and unfortunately
>> the
>> configure script for bash still relies on cygwin32 beeing set instead of
>> cygwin.
>>

>You should get an updated copy of config.guess/sub at
>ftp://ftp.twtelecom.net/pub/GNU/config/ or your favorite FSF mirror.  The first
>thing I do after tar -zxvf foo.tar.gz is `find foo/ -name config.guess' then
>replace all occurances with a newer version of config.guess/sub.

libtoolize does the same (It copies it's own config.guess in the source tree of
an application). The config.guess of libtool-1.3.4 is recent enough for cygwin.

The problem that is fixed by my patch is as follows:

bash-distribution uses an old config.guess which creates results like:

i686-pc-cygwin32

and then later checks for *cygwin32 in the configure script.

recent versions of config.guess return

i686-pc-cygwin   (!! no 32 at the end !!)

and, as a result, configure does not react correctly and a bash build on base of
this configure stackdumps.

This behaviour is reproduceable with either the original bash-2.04.tar.gz or the
bash-2.0.4-src.tar.gz in the LATEST directory on sourceware.

Greetings,

Michael Ring