Re: Setup program

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 12:10:48PM -0500, Parker, Ron wrote:
>You may have noticed I haven't posted much lately. I have been overwhelmed
>at work and have been unable to keep up with the mailing lists. But I just
>wanted to take a minute and complement DJ and all the rest that have made
>changes to the setup program since the meager version I first submitted back
>in March. I just installed the whole cygwin package on a new machine and
>"wow" I am impressed.  It's smaller than ever before and it has a nice
>uncomplicated UI that keeps you apprised of its progress.

You shouldn't knock the version that you provided.  I set down a very
minimal criteria for that setup program.  I just wanted a console
version of the program which we could use as a springboard to eventually
provide a new GUI version.

Your version fit the bill perfectly.

>It just drives home to me the power of open source software.  You lay down a
>little spark of ingenuity and it takes off and grows into this incredible
>forest fire of progress. Thanks again.
>
>And for those that haven't contributed to the Cygwin project let me
>encourage you to jump on the band wagon and do what little you may be able
>to do. You might be suprised how your own little spark of creative
>programming can motivate others to join with you and make this entire effort
>greater than the sum of its parts.
>
>Good work guys and gals. You can't forget Corinna :^)

Thank you for your efforts too, Ron.  They are appreciated.

cgf